St John’s Church, Trentham, NZ
St John’s Anglican Church in Trentham was built in 1863 and the graveyard consecrated some two years earlier in 1861.
It contains many of the Upper Hutt early settler families in the graveyard with 917 burial plots.
The stories about those who are buried in the graveyard are focused on their daily life and family history.
The content for the stories compiled for this book were given by their descendants and have been taken to be factual.